Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > ServletContext.setAttribute and ServletContext.getAttribute()

ServletContext.setAttribute and ServletContext.getAttribute()

jazzdman@gmail.com

Hi,
If I put an attribute into "application" scope with the
ServletContext.setAttribute() method, and multiple objects call
ServletContext.getAttribute(), what happens? Does getAttribute return
multiple references, copies of the same object, or does it simply conk
out?

Thanks,

Jason Mazzotta

Wendy S

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> If I put an attribute into "application" scope with the
> ServletContext.setAttribute() method, and multiple objects call
> ServletContext.getAttribute(), what happens?

Each call to context.getAttribute() returns a reference to the object you
stored in Application scope.

--
Wendy

jazzdman@gmail.com

Thanks for the reply. One more question answered.

Jason