Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Performance checker for Java

Performance checker for Java

Terrie

Hi,

I am looking for a performance checker for Java. It should say which
methods uses how many percent of the CPU / Memory. I have worked with
-Xhprof but that is not precise enough.

Any ideas?

Thx,

Sabine

Daniel Dyer

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:39:27 -0000, Terrie <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a performance checker for Java. It should say which
> methods uses how many percent of the CPU / Memory. I have worked with
> -Xhprof but that is not precise enough.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thx,
>
> Sabine

What you're looking for is more commonly called a profiler. Search for
"java profiler" on Google. JProbe (http://java.quest.com/jprobe/) is one
example that does the job quite well. They now have a freeware version
too, which is nice.

Dan.

--
Daniel Dyer