Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > AffineTransform substitute for 1.1 jdk?

AffineTransform substitute for 1.1 jdk?

SPG

hi,

I need to doa transform on a font, to stretch its height and width.
The problem is that we must support 1.1 JDK which sucks.

I have tried rendering to an image then scaling it, but in order to keep the
fonts looking smooth the scaling hint need to be SCALE_SMOOTH and that
causes massive performance hits.

What about converting the characters of a font to polygons.. Can I do that?

There has to be a nice way to stretch a font in both directions using the
1.1 jdk.. doesn't there?

Steve

AffineTransform Thijs Muizelaar Java 4 01-11-2008 05:21 PM
Why does AffineTransform not work on JTextPane? fiziwig Java 10 08-14-2006 08:51 AM
AffineTransform, RescaleOp and Bilinear hint news.skynet.be Java 0 03-25-2005 12:00 PM
AffineTransform rotation question hilz Java 2 12-17-2004 07:45 PM
Problem using AffineTransform Rick Java 2 10-08-2003 10:46 AM

Advertisments