Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Virtual hosting with tomcat

Virtual hosting with tomcat

Jayant patil

i want to host two websites using Tomcat 5.5.7
one website will serve static web pages while other will use Java and
Jsp.
I wish static webpages website will server through port 80 while other
will be using
url like "http://jspsite.com (Virtual Hosting)
How can i do the Virtual hosting with Tomcat 5.5.7. I donot wish to
use Apache or IIS either , only Tomcat.
Regards

Rhino

"Jayant patil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> i want to host two websites using Tomcat 5.5.7
> one website will serve static web pages while other will use Java and
> Jsp.
> I wish static webpages website will server through port 80 while other
> will be using
> url like "http://jspsite.com (Virtual Hosting)
> How can i do the Virtual hosting with Tomcat 5.5.7. I donot wish to
> use Apache or IIS either , only Tomcat.

This is not really a Java question, it is a Tomcat question. Have you
considered posting this question on the Tomcat mailing list? You can
subscribe here: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#Tomcat

Rhino

Tilman Bohn

[F'up2 set to clj.help]

[...]

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tom...nfig/host.html

--
Cheers, Tilman

`Boy, life takes a long time to live...' -- Steven Wright

ge0rge

"Jayant patil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote ...
>i want to host two websites using Tomcat 5.5.7
> one website will serve static web pages while other will use Java and
> Jsp.
> I wish static webpages website will server through port 80 while other
> will be using
> url like "http://jspsite.com (Virtual Hosting)
> How can i do the Virtual hosting with Tomcat 5.5.7. I donot wish to
> use Apache or IIS either , only Tomcat.

Why?? Apache is THE http server and you prefer a JSP/Servlet engine to serve
http ?!
You are throwing performance, scalability, security, full http compliance out of
the window in one decision and if Tomcat does virtual hosting, it would be a
kludge - nowhere near what you could achieve much more easily with Apache.

-- Mahatma Ghandi

Jayant patil

Yes I know that the combination of Tomcat with Apache or IIS will
yield better result.. but this i want to do the evaluataion of
performance in different web hosting conditions.( for Study/project
report purpose).