Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > CONTROL FLOW GRAPH

CONTROL FLOW GRAPH

pavs

hi..

Just want to know if there is a tool to draw a control flow graph for
an entire java program that has multiple methods in it. If not i would
apreciate if some one could suggest a methodology to draw a CFG for an
entire java program.

bugbear

pavs wrote:
> hi..
>
> Just want to know if there is a tool to draw a control flow graph for
> an entire java program that has multiple methods in it. If not i would
> apreciate if some one could suggest a methodology to draw a CFG for an
> entire java program.

A CFG is only possible for a language like FORTRAN
or COBOL, where methods have a "global" meaning.

In any usefully object oriented program, a method is tightly
(and deliberately) coupled with a particular instance.

Add into this inheritance and polymorphism and the whole
idea of a "complete" CFG is rendered almost meaningless.

BugBear