Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Jakarta POI to generate MS Word documents

Jakarta POI to generate MS Word documents

mlv2312@terra.com.br

Hi,

I am dealing with the following problem: I need to generate some word
reports by opening a default word template. So, I must be able to read
the word template and REPLACE some generic fields by placing data from
an XML file.

I was studying Jakarta POI HWPF, but its implementation hasn't
finished yet.

So, I was wondering if it is possible to use POIFS to do what I am
intending to:
open a word template and generate a word report using POIFS. Is it
possible?

How could I do this?

Tks,
Marcelo

TechBookReport

> Hi,
>
> I am dealing with the following problem: I need to generate some word
> reports by opening a default word template. So, I must be able to read
> the word template and REPLACE some generic fields by placing data from
> an XML file.
>
> I was studying Jakarta POI HWPF, but its implementation hasn't
> finished yet.
>
> So, I was wondering if it is possible to use POIFS to do what I am
> intending to:
> open a word template and generate a word report using POIFS. Is it
> possible?
>
> How could I do this?
>
> Tks,
> Marcelo

When I've had to do this I've used XML > HTML then open Word and have a
macro that imports the HTML and supplies any final tweaks to the format.
Not perfect but it works and it beats having to navigate the dire Word
object model.

HTH

TechBookReport http://www.techbookreport.com

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=E9bastien_Auvray?=

(E-Mail Removed) a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am dealing with the following problem: I need to generate some word
> reports by opening a default word template. So, I must be able to read
> the word template and REPLACE some generic fields by placing data from
> an XML file.
>
> I was studying Jakarta POI HWPF, but its implementation hasn't
> finished yet.
>
> So, I was wondering if it is possible to use POIFS to do what I am
> intending to:
> open a word template and generate a word report using POIFS. Is it
> possible?
>
> How could I do this?
>
> Tks,
> Marcelo

If you're not in complete love with POI, have a look a Jacob
http://danadler.com/jacob/...

--
Good luck,
Seb.

Jakarta POI and reading from an open Excel file? mrafn@lakenet.com Java 7 11-18-2005 07:12 PM
Jakarta POI read word werrt Java 1 10-22-2005 01:05 AM
Is there a jakarta.poi. HSSFSheet.getLastColumn method? TheAmitha Java 1 01-21-2005 07:04 PM
Jakarta POI API and OpenOffice atransiciel Java 0 08-03-2004 08:06 AM
Jakarta POI HSSF Joe C Java 2 07-26-2004 11:03 PM

Advertisments