Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Editable JComboBox

Editable JComboBox

I have an editable JComboBox with about 10 values in list.
It is inside JTable like this: (cbMaterials is the JComboBox)

jTable.getColumnModel().getColumn(0).setCellEditor (new
DefaultCellEditor(cbMaterials));

I saw a strange thing that I cannon explain.

We suppose the current value of cbMaterials is "apple"

When I click with the mouse to JComboBox and then immediately click to
another Combonent, JComboBox pass to setValueAt (of MyClassTableModel)
the previous value ("apple").

When I click with the mouse to JComboBox and then WITHOUT changes I
press ENTER, JComboBox pass to setValueAt (of MyClassTableModel) the
value: "".

This not happen always but I dont understand why & when happens (!)
(after a LOT of tests and debugging)

So, I ask: Why?

JComboBox: setting the editable text Ben Phillips Java 8 10-09-2008 07:58 AM
using editable jcombobox Jacques Chaurette Java 7 09-06-2007 07:12 AM
How to change the editable JComboBox's model when starting or ending typed @CL Java 1 11-23-2006 09:14 AM
Editable JComboBox problems Allen Java 0 10-16-2006 01:06 AM
How do I make an Editable JCombobox within a Table Model? KLD Java 3 02-15-2004 03:29 AM

Advertisments