Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > sql connection problem

sql connection problem

-

i'm using mysqlconnector/j driver and i have this error whereby the
second time i call a procedure, the mysql server loses connection even
when i tried calling the procedure in command line. any idea what the
problem could be?

Paul van Rossem

On 14-02-2005 13:46, - wrote:
> i'm using mysqlconnector/j driver and i have this error whereby the
> second time i call a procedure, the mysql server loses connection even
> when i tried calling the procedure in command line. any idea what the
> problem could be?

Since you didn't post any code, it's hard to tell. But in the latest
version (5.0.2 alpha) of MySQL server there are several bugs that may
cause a server crash, and thus Connector/J to loose the connection.
Specially operations that request metadata. See <http://bugs.mysql.com>.