Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > J2ME/ktoolbar: Send an sms to an emulated J2ME-App

J2ME/ktoolbar: Send an sms to an emulated J2ME-App

Markus

hi all,

Is anybody aware of a possibility to send an "sms" from
a J2SE application (eg. via a socket/pipe/sharedmem)
to a J2ME application running in the emulator of the
wtk2.2 (As the "WMA Console Utiltiy" does)?

tnx, markus

toxa26@hotmail.com

You can easily do this using an extension to j2me called Java Wireless
Messaging api (wma api). Just google around for j2me and wma. You'll
get a ton of tutorials. However, your wireless device must support WMA
or you'll get a ClassNotFound exception when trying to actually run it
from your wireless device. Go here and look for your device and make
sure it has WMA support:
http://developers.sun.com/techtopics.../device/device

dgm@gmx.net

> from your wireless device. Go here and look for your device and make
> sure it has WMA support:
> http://developers.sun.com/techtopics.../device/device

tnx for pointing me at that. I am now able to compile a _J2SE_
(Standard Edt) application using the javax.wireless.messaging.*
classes. I also have to use the javax.microedition.io.Connector class
to create a sms connector. All compiles fine (if the appropriate libs
are supplied), but when executing the code, the following error is
reported:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
isNetworkMonitorActive
at javax.microedition.io.Connector.isNetworkMonitorAc tive(Native
Method)
at javax.microedition.io.Connector.<clinit>(Connector .java:142)
at SMSSender.main(SMSSender.java:22)

....which probably means, that some nativecode is used in the
implementation of the Connector-class. any ideas ? thank you very much,
markus

Darryl Pierce

> You can easily do this using an extension to j2me called Java Wireless
> Messaging api (wma api). Just google around for j2me and wma. You'll
> get a ton of tutorials. However, your wireless device must support WMA
> or you'll get a ClassNotFound exception when trying to actually run it
> from your wireless device. Go here and look for your device and make
> sure it has WMA support:
> http://developers.sun.com/techtopics.../device/device

The OP was asking how to send a SMS message from a J2SE application to
an emulator.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <(E-Mail Removed)>
Visit my homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com

Darryl Pierce

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> tnx for pointing me at that. I am now able to compile a _J2SE_
> (Standard Edt) application using the javax.wireless.messaging.*
> classes. I also have to use the javax.microedition.io.Connector class
> to create a sms connector. All compiles fine (if the appropriate libs
> are supplied), but when executing the code, the following error is
> reported:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:

<snip>

Yes, native code is used since the actual functionality for the WMA is
built into the emulators.