Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Java Certification for JDK1.5

Java Certification for JDK1.5

S.Pace

Hello,

does anyone know if (and when) SUN is upgrading the certification program
(programmer, developer etc.) for the JDK1.5?

The _official_ description is still referring only to 1.4 :
http://www.sun.com/training/certific..._progj2se.html
and I've not been able to find any piece of information about that on SUN
web site, on neswgroup etc.

Thanks in advance,
S.

William Brogden

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:30:37 +0100, S.Pace <no_mail@no_mail.xx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does anyone know if (and when) SUN is upgrading the certification
> program
> (programmer, developer etc.) for the JDK1.5?
>
> The _official_ description is still referring only to 1.4 :
> http://www.sun.com/training/certific..._progj2se.html
> and I've not been able to find any piece of information about that on SUN
> web site, on neswgroup etc.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> S.

There was a fairly extensive beta test of the proposed exam.
Supposedly the objectivew will be QUITE different and emphasize
understanding more and memory less.

The people involved in creating the 1.5 test post regularly
on JavaRanch.