Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Newbie question: deploying on Windows Server 2003

Newbie question: deploying on Windows Server 2003

Neil Collier

Hi,

I am new to java. I just got a dedicated window server 2003 machine.
I want to put my java server application on it, written with Java 1.4
SDK. I have no idea what I need to do, do I just download the JVM for
windows server, or do I need to do something special?

The server is simply a java application which accepts incoming
connections on a few ports and sets up socket communications to relay
secure data (SSL) between the server and the client. It also accesses
a MySQL DB behind to get and retrieve data.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I search online and
there is sooo much stuff it's hard to know what applies best to to my
very simple situation.

Regards,

Neil

Justin