Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Integerating Unix pipes with Swing Utilities

Integerating Unix pipes with Swing Utilities

Ganesh

Hi,
I wanted to add the following feature to my Mail User Agent.
Whenever a I click on a folder, the client will query the server for
messages in it. If the folder has a lot of messages the client has to
wait for a long time to get the messages. What I want is the client
should be able to get the message file name as in unix pipes and should
display in the Message table. So I have no need to wait for the entire
results to come. I don't want to use asynchronous transfer. because
even in this case, I wont get data immediately.
Could you share your views on this?

Thanks,
Ganesh

Ganesh

Any updates........

Thomas Weidenfeller

Ganesh wrote:
> Any updates........

You might want to spend some time to reformulate your questions, so that
it becomes more apparent what you intend to do.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...html#beprecise

/Thomas

--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

sgane2001@yahoo.co.in

Thomas,
Will u Stop these diversions atleast from now.
Ganesh,
Don't be over enthusiastic, Wait untill someone reply u.

Thomas Weidenfeller

> Thomas,
> Will u Stop these diversions atleast from now.
> Ganesh,

Wait a second. It is you who is apparently not familiar with the way
newsgroups work. You have been pointed to good reading material, and you
have been asked a few times to follow conventions. Apparently you are
not capable of doing so. But you are going to tell me what I should do
here? How laughable.

/Thomas

--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

Java and UNIX pipes potato Java 3 07-22-2005 07:13 PM
Swing Model Classes Updating Swing Components on a Thread Other Than AWT mkrause Java 0 05-06-2005 04:32 PM
Java 1.2 Swing vs. Java 1.5 Swing Big Daddy Java 2 04-16-2005 01:14 PM
unix pipes to perl scripts trt. Perl 1 03-15-2005 02:25 AM
unix pipes to perl scripts trt. Perl Misc 4 03-14-2005 03:40 PM

Advertisments