Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > enterprise application versus enterprise system

enterprise application versus enterprise system

jrefactors@hotmail.com

I always heard people saying enterprise application (large-scale
business application), but I never heard people say enterprise system.
Are they the same? or they are different? My understanding is that
enterprise system consists more than 1 enterprise applications.
pleae advise. thanks!!

Jack Klein

On 19 Jan 2005 21:19:43 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
comp.lang.c++:

> I always heard people saying enterprise application (large-scale
> business application), but I never heard people say enterprise system.
> Are they the same? or they are different? My understanding is that
> enterprise system consists more than 1 enterprise applications.
> pleae advise. thanks!!

I can't seem to find anything in this post that pertains to the C++
programming language. In the future, leave comp.lang.c++ off your
cross-post list.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

KV

Jack Klein wrote:
> On 19 Jan 2005 21:19:43 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote in
> comp.lang.c++:
>

>>I always heard people saying enterprise application (large-scale
>>business application), but I never heard people say enterprise system.
>>Are they the same? or they are different? My understanding is that
>>enterprise system consists more than 1 enterprise applications.
>>pleae advise. thanks!!

> I can't seem to find anything in this post that pertains to the C++
> programming language. In the future, leave comp.lang.c++ off your
> cross-post list.

you too

Tom Dyess

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I always heard people saying enterprise application (large-scale
> business application), but I never heard people say enterprise system.
> Are they the same? or they are different? My understanding is that
> enterprise system consists more than 1 enterprise applications.
> pleae advise. thanks!!

I suppose it depends on who you are talking to. Jargon/nomenclature has been
mangled so much that it could mean anything. Personally, I would think of an
enterprise application just as you mentioned, but an enterprise system would
include the hardware/networking/communications aspect of it as well; the
whole shebang.

--
Tom Dyess
OraclePower.com