Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Run Excel Macro from Java

Run Excel Macro from Java

Darshit Rao

I want to run the macro present inside the excel sheet using the Java
code. Is is possible using Java code? Please help

Ann

"Darshit Rao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I want to run the macro present inside the excel sheet using the Java
> code. Is is possible using Java code? Please help

Is that your real first name? (-_-) [smiley for the naysayers]
You can get the contents of an Excel cell easily enough
by using the Java Excel API.
The macro is probably vba code (this is my guess.)
You can then intrepret the vba code, getting/putting other cells as
necessary.

Heiner Kücker

Darshit Rao wrote
> I want to run the macro present inside the excel sheet using the Java
> code. Is is possible using Java code? Please help

Try

Runtime.exec( "dos_prompt_command" );

--
Heiner Kuecker