Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > [ECLIPSE] [PRIVACY] - Direct Violation of Eclipse Foundations PrivacyPolicy

[ECLIPSE] [PRIVACY] - Direct Violation of Eclipse Foundations PrivacyPolicy

Ilias Lazaridis

[ followup-to: c.l.j.softwaretools ]

-
-
-

*Statement* (see [1] for full excerpt):

"This anonymous information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate
level to help Us understand trends and patterns"

-

*Violation*:

Mike Milinkovich (ex-OSI(IBM), Eclipse Foundation Director):
"
1. First, we *are* trying to block Ilias from Bugzilla and the
newsgroups. [...] So Ilias is correct in saying that we are (so far
unsuccessfully) attempting to banish him from the site. There are
various technical reasons why we have been unsuccessful to date.
"

source:

Requesting Community Feedback: Troll Banishment
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/new.../msg00291.html
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/ar...pse.foundation

you need a password to view the eclipse archives:
http://dev.eclipse.org/newsManager/newsRequestForm.html

-

Using data to identify my person or my ISP-region to block my access (or
the regions access) to the eclipse foundations newsgroup (nntp and
http-gateway) results in a

DIRECT VIOLATION OF THE ECLIPSE FOUNDATIONS PRIVACY POLICY

I ask Mr. Mike Milinkovich (Eclipse Foundation Director) to stop this
violation [abuse of private data] and to enable immediatly my access to
the eclipse news-server via nntp/http.

(Similar message within eclipse.foundation, see [2])

-

Some Background:

[ECLIPSE] [CENSORSHIP] - Mike Milinkovich (Eclipse Foundation Director)
Censors Forums
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...9ba79be816921d

-

Silence is Accepting.

Act Against Censorship on Eclipse Foundations Forums.

-
-
-

[1]

Excerpt from the "Eclipse Foundation Privacy Policy"
"
Clickstream Data and Cookies

We sometimes collect anonymous information from visits to this Web site to
help provide better service. For example, We keep track of the domains
from which people visit and We also measure visitor activity on
Eclipse.org, but in ways that keep the information anonymous. This
anonymous information is sometimes known as "clickstream data." We may
use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us tailor the
Web site to better serve Eclipse participants.

Also, when personal data is collected from you in connection with a
transaction (such as contribution of code or posting to newsgroups) We
may extract some information about that transaction in an anonymous
format and combine it with other anonymous information such as
clickstream data.
This anonymous information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate
level to help Us understand trends and patterns.
"
source:
http://www.eclipse.org/legal/privacy.html

-

[2]

a similar message was posted to the eclipse.foundation newsgroup [whilst
bypassing the IP blocking]:

[PRIVACY] - Direct Violation of Privacy Policy
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/new.../msg00256.html

no reaction till now.

-
-
-

..

--
http://lazaridis.com

Foundations of RSpec Josh Cheek Ruby 3 02-21-2010 04:18 AM
Java Foundations- Introduction to Program Design and Data Structures-project solutions available now. Contact instructors.team[at]gmail.com Pearson & prentice hall solutions C++ 0 06-20-2009 02:59 PM
software engineering foundations? skip@pobox.com Python 3 07-23-2008 10:25 PM
your opinion on book "Foundations of Python Network Programming"? kf9150@gmail.com Python 4 09-29-2007 06:17 AM
CFP: ACM SIGSOFT 2004/12th Symposium on Foundations of Software Engineering ACM SIGSOFT 2004 Publicity Chair Python 0 01-21-2004 06:21 PM

Advertisments