Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > how to configure jalopy in eclipse

how to configure jalopy in eclipse

coltrane

I am using jalopy with eclipse and love it. However I would like to
change the line wrap length. The doc state what line wrap does but does
not seem to mention where I can modify this setting.

Can someone help me out with this. If this is mentioned in the docs a
pointer would be great.

cheers

john

Jon Caldwell

coltrane wrote:
> I am using jalopy with eclipse and love it. However I would like to
> change the line wrap length. The doc state what line wrap does but does
> not seem to mention where I can modify this setting.
>
> Can someone help me out with this. If this is mentioned in the docs a
> pointer would be great.
>
> cheers
>
> john

Window->Jalopy Preferences...->Printer->Wrapping->Line Length

coltrane

jon

for some reason I do not have a jalopy preferences under window or
within the preferences dialog.
all I did to install jalopy was to copy it to the plugins directory.
maybe I missed something

thanks

Jon Caldwell

coltrane wrote:
> jon
>
> for some reason I do not have a jalopy preferences under window or
> within the preferences dialog.
> all I did to install jalopy was to copy it to the plugins directory.
> maybe I missed something
>
> thanks

I noticed that my "configure" option is not there when I have a jsp
open, but it is when I have a *.java file open. Maybe it is related to
the perspective.

Lorenzo Bettini

coltrane wrote:
> I am using jalopy with eclipse and love it. However I would like to
> change the line wrap length. The doc state what line wrap does but does
> not seem to mention where I can modify this setting.

In the menu "window" you find "Jalopy Preferences..."

| Lorenzo Bettini ICQ# lbetto, 16080134 |
| PhD in Computer Science |
| Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze |
| Tel +39 055 4237441, Fax +39 055 4237437 |
| Florence - Italy (GNU/Linux User # 158233) |
| Home Page : http://www.lorenzobettini.it |
| http://music.dsi.unifi.it XKlaim language |
| http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple Cover Band |
| http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite |
| http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt |
| http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/gengen |
| http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/doublecpp |

coltrane

Lorenzo,

thanks for the reply. I'm new to Eclipse. Besides copying the Jalopy
files into the plugins directory what else do I need to do. At the
moment I just copies the files and I can call Jalopy form the context
menu but there are no preference settings in the windows menu. Also, I
do not have a paid version. Could this be the problem?
thanks again

john

Lorenzo Bettini

coltrane wrote:
> Lorenzo,
>
> thanks for the reply. I'm new to Eclipse. Besides copying the Jalopy
> files into the plugins directory what else do I need to do. At the
> moment I just copies the files and I can call Jalopy form the context
> menu but there are no preference settings in the windows menu. Also, I

Are you in the Java perspective? (Window - Open Perspective - Java).
I think the Jalopy preferences is visible only in the Java perspective...

| Lorenzo Bettini ICQ# lbetto, 16080134 |
| PhD in Computer Science |
| Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze |
| Tel +39 055 4237441, Fax +39 055 4237437 |
| Florence - Italy (GNU/Linux User # 158233) |
| Home Page : http://www.lorenzobettini.it |
| http://music.dsi.unifi.it XKlaim language |
| http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple Cover Band |
| http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite |
| http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt |
| http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/gengen |
| http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/doublecpp |

coltrane

thanks.
I don't know what I did but I had to refresh my workspace folders and
when I started eclipse the jalopy settings appeared in the windows
menu. As I said, I don't know why but hey it works.

When I have time (not likely) I try to find out what happened.
thank you for your help

cheers

john