Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > starting multiple JMF players under Linux

starting multiple JMF players under Linux

Ulrich Scholz

Hi,
I'm using Debian Linux (Woody) and I tried starting multiple jmstudio
instances, which play two different Files simultaneously. With the
Linux Performance Pack JMF (plus mpeg plugin) I can start one movie in
one jmstudio, then open another window with "File-NewWindow" and select
a second file. As a result both files are played simultaneously and
correctly.

However If I start two separate jmstudio instances (i.e. in two virtual
machines) the second mpg is not played correctly (neither audio nor
video) and I get the error message:

Failed to initialize audio for mpx.
I would greatly appreciate your comments and ideas on this.

Best,
Uli