Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > BufferedImage problem

BufferedImage problem

ajay.ravichandran@gmail.com

Hi

I have a small problem that i am unable to solve. I have quantized a
jpg image and reduced the number of colors. It is currently as a
BufferedImage object. Now i want to save this quantized image as a jpg
file. I am using ImageIO api available in java, and i am successful
with that. But when i decide to read this jpg file and compare it with
the quantized BufferedImage object, i am not able to retain the
original quantized rgb values. Does anyone have any suggestions how i
could retain the original values and also why the original values are
not being retained. I dont want to have the image in any other format
like gif or png. Is it possible to do this using jpg itself
Thanks

Ajay

Ann

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi
>
> I have a small problem that i am unable to solve. I have quantized a
> jpg image and reduced the number of colors. It is currently as a
> BufferedImage object. Now i want to save this quantized image as a jpg
> file. I am using ImageIO api available in java, and i am successful
> with that. But when i decide to read this jpg file and compare it with
> the quantized BufferedImage object, i am not able to retain the
> original quantized rgb values. Does anyone have any suggestions how i
> could retain the original values and also why the original values are
> not being retained. I dont want to have the image in any other format
> like gif or png. Is it possible to do this using jpg itself
> Thanks
>
> Ajay

So you 1) reduced the number of colors and 2) not able to retain the
original quantized rgb values.

OS X 10.3.9 (or < 10.4) BufferedImage problem psye@brandeis.edu Java 2 02-26-2007 09:54 PM
problem using JAI bilinear interpolation to scale a bufferedimage Raj Java 2 11-25-2003 11:52 AM
Read PPM images as BufferedImage hz010c1877 Java 1 08-14-2003 08:32 PM
Copying BufferedImage Eel Java 2 07-10-2003 10:15 PM
DirectByteBuffer and BufferedImage for image acquisition Peter Szymanski Java 0 07-09-2003 12:29 PM

Advertisments