Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Monitoring the rmiregistry

Monitoring the rmiregistry

silarri

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if there is some tool that allows to monitor an
rmiregistry. I am interested in collecting information such as the
number of RPC calls performed, the number of lookups, etc. over a
period of time.

In the case of monitoring the number of remote invocations, I could do
it "by hand", by inserting code at the appropriate remote objects in
order to register the number of communications in a static variable...
But I would prefer a solution where I can avoid to hard-code this.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion,

Sergio

epicwinter@hotmail.com

you could override the rmi socket factory and add logging statements in

Esmond Pitt

silarri wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to know if there is some tool that allows to monitor an
> rmiregistry. I am interested in collecting information such as the
> number of RPC calls performed, the number of lookups, etc. over a
> period of time.

Start it with -J-Djava.rmi.server.logCalls=true and save the output.

silarri

Could you please give me some more light about how to do this?

I mean, how can I log information about remote communications from what
it is written in a socket?

Thanks in advance,

Sergio

> you could override the rmi socket factory and add logging statements

in

Help! with RMIRegistry David Kensche Java 0 03-11-2005 10:20 AM
rmiregistry woes jonck Java 6 01-24-2005 12:37 AM
RMI without the rmiregistry JP Martin Java 1 10-06-2004 07:33 AM
Running Rmiregistry as service, problem on logofff. Arun Goel Java 0 11-12-2003 06:41 PM
RMI with rmiregistry on remote host Rob Dempster Java 1 10-08-2003 04:18 PM

Advertisments