Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > java.util.Random implementation

java.util.Random implementation

brian.wichmann@bcs.org.uk

Is the random number algorithm used that of Knuth's original
version prior to 2002, or the version in the 2002 edition
of Volume 2 of The Art of Computer Programming? The Sun
documentation is not clear on this point.

Brian Wichmann.

Ryan Stewart

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Is the random number algorithm used that of Knuth's original
> version prior to 2002, or the version in the 2002 edition
> of Volume 2 of The Art of Computer Programming? The Sun
> documentation is not clear on this point.

Check the source code.

Andrew Thompson

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 07:42:30 -0600, Ryan Stewart wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Is the random number algorithm ..

> Check the source code.