Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > learning J2EE

learning J2EE

hilz

Hi all,

I have been a java developer for around 5 years, and I think it is time to
move into the J2EE arena.
Just by looking at monster.com, it becomes very obvious how important J2EE
has become, and if anyone is planning to make Java their bread and
Given that J2EE is not used in my current job, what is the best way to learn
it on my own and in my free time?
I looked at the websites of community colleges and universities around my
area, and I found that they only offer beginner and intermediate Java
classes, with no emphasis on J2EE.

What do you guys think is a good way to achieve this goal? How do
programmers usually make the transition from Java programmers to J2EE?

I have already experimented with Tomcat and some basic jsp stuff, but i am
sure J2EE is much more than that.

Any idea is greatly appreciated, and if you have a success story, please
share it here!
Cheers
hilz

hilz

Premature clicking!
here is the corrected version of the question.

Hi all,

I have been a java developer for around 5 years, and I think it is time to
move into the J2EE arena.
Just by looking at monster.com, it becomes very obvious how important J2EE
has become, and if anyone is planning to make Java their bread and butter,
one has to learn J2EE.