Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Uploading Files Using MultipartRequest while Parsing Other Params

Uploading Files Using MultipartRequest while Parsing Other Params

Ones Self

Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.31 with Velocity 1.4, and I'm trying to upload a
file to my servlet using O'Rielly's MultipartRequest class
(http://www.servlets.com/cos/). The problem is that I'm submitting a
page which contains other input fields (other then the file path), and
I need to process those in addition to saving the file to disk.
However, when I try to submit the form I don't get the other input
fields. For example:

<form name="uploadForm1" action="SaveForm" method="POST"
ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data">
Text: <input type='text' name='text1'><br>
File: <input type='file' name='pic1'><br>
<input type='submit' name='upload' value='Upload'>
</form>

In this case I will not get the "text1" input field in the
HttpServletRequest object. Are these values available anywhere in the
request other then the "getParameter" method?

Thanks

Ryan Stewart

Ones Self wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Tomcat 4.1.31 with Velocity 1.4, and I'm trying to upload a

[...]

See answer in comp.lang.java.help. Please do not multipost.