Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > An efficient computation idea. Please comment

An efficient computation idea. Please comment

Mark Thornton

Aaron Fude wrote:
> For the record, the computational efficiency you are suggesting speeds up
> the code by a factor of 100. All I'm saying, why not speed it up by a factor
> of 2 or 3 on top of that.

You would be better off spending the time ensuring that the calculation
is numerically stable. As I indicated, a better understanding of
numerical analysis may well allow a far larger improvement in speed.

Mark Thornton