Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Initialize managed bean with header information?

Initialize managed bean with header information?

timtheis@yahoo.com

We use Netegrity's SiteMinder for SSO security on all web apps.
Although SiteMinder handles security for accessing the application
itself, restrictions to certain functions and data are handled within
the application based on user type.
The user information (such as name, type, etc.) are passed in from
SiteMinder via header variables. ie:
hddr_user = Joe Blo
hddr_group = Admin
hddr_phone = 555-555-5555

I'm looking at different designs to capture all of this user
information from the headers at one time and store as a bean in the
user's session (so as to not need to continually reference the header
information).

Does anyone know if you can create a managed bean (ie. User) that is
initialized with header information (by using the configuration file
w/ value-binding expressions)?

timtheis@yahoo.com

I see I failed to mention that this question is being asked in the
context of using the JSF framework.

timtheis@yahoo.com

Clarification: I see I failed to mention that this question is being
asked in the context of using the JSF framework. Any advice would be
appreciated.