Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Alphanumeric font

Alphanumeric font

dereklai2k@yahoo.com.hk

Hi,

I want to general character fonts by java about alphanumeric
characters. That is the characters of ascii code below 128. The height
and width is 16 and 8 respectively. Anyone could teach me how to do
that?

Thanks!

dereklai2k@yahoo.com.hk

Sorry, is "generate", not "general".

Geli J. Crick

> Hi,
>
> I want to general character fonts by java about alphanumeric
> characters. That is the characters of ascii code below 128. The height
> and width is 16 and 8 respectively. Anyone could teach me how to do
> that?
>
> Thanks!

I am not sure exactly what you want to do, but I would suggest having a
look at the API for the Font class (java.awt.Font). It has several
methods you might find useful, like deriveFont(...), createFont(...),
and createGlyphVector(...).