Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Newbie: Program printing result to DOS window, rather than a newscreen

Newbie: Program printing result to DOS window, rather than a newscreen

Irish Rover

I am editing a piece of code to use as a Credit Card calculator, now I
am a complete novice so sorry for the basic questions, but it should
show at the end how long it will take to pay off the balance, but this
is printed in the DOS window rather than as a screen.

I think the particular code for this function is

System.out.println
("Your Credit Card debt will be settled in " + years + " years.");
System.exit(0);

Can anyone explain to me how to make it show the years within a java
window rather than the DOS window, and if possible without complicating
things a lot, to have an "exit" and "reset" button on this screen?

Thanks!

--
Sig: HUGE BARGAIN! Free Nokia 7600 3G phone & 3.99 per month contract!
Find this at: http://www.e2save.com/?money4me795158 (referal link)

Hal Rosser

"Irish Rover" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am editing a piece of code to use as a Credit Card calculator, now I
> am a complete novice so sorry for the basic questions, but it should
> show at the end how long it will take to pay off the balance, but this
> is printed in the DOS window rather than as a screen.
>
> I think the particular code for this function is
>
> System.out.println
> ("Your Credit Card debt will be settled in " + years + "

years.");
> System.exit(0);
>
> Can anyone explain to me how to make it show the years within a java
> window rather than the DOS window, and if possible without complicating
> things a lot, to have an "exit" and "reset" button on this screen?
>
> Thanks!

something like this ?
javax.swing.JOptionPane.showMessageDialog("You credit card is expired - turn
yourself in");

---

xterm