Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > set DNS on tomcat

set DNS on tomcat

vizlab

Hi,
I installed Tomcat5.5.4 on my server hosted by dell.
I have a domain name www.foo.com.
I can access http://www.foo.com, but I cannot access the first
tomcat page by
http://www.foo.com:8080.
Everything on Tomcat5.5.4 is default.
Should I set DNS on tomcat? If so, how?
Or I need not set DNS on tomcat and the dell's DNS will
automatically resolve the domain name and connect to my server?
I have been stucked for a long time.
Very appreciate any help.

Best

Sudsy

vizlab wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed Tomcat5.5.4 on my server hosted by dell.
> I have a domain name www.foo.com.
> I can access http://www.foo.com, but I cannot access the first
> tomcat page by
> http://www.foo.com:8080.
> Everything on Tomcat5.5.4 is default.

<snip>

So are you getting a 404 or a 500? Or is the connection being refused?
Honestly, without this information it's impossible to tell what the
problem /might/ be, let alone be able to provide a definitive solution...

Katerina McLean

vizlab wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed Tomcat5.5.4 on my server hosted by dell.
> I have a domain name www.foo.com.
> I can access http://www.foo.com, but I cannot access the first
> tomcat page by
> http://www.foo.com:8080.
> Everything on Tomcat5.5.4 is default.
> Should I set DNS on tomcat? If so, how?
> Or I need not set DNS on tomcat and the dell's DNS will
> automatically resolve the domain name and connect to my server?
> I have been stucked for a long time.
> Very appreciate any help.
>
> Best

Hi:

1)Is the Tomcat up and running - i.e. can you access it via localhost:8080
Cat