Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Why cannot open .txt file with Encoding = UNICODE using javascript window.open()?

Why cannot open .txt file with Encoding = UNICODE using javascript window.open()?

ml

I cannot directly open the text file with Encoding = UNICODE using the
javascript window.open() method, do anyone know why??

Thanks a lot!

Ann

"ml" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I cannot directly open the text file with Encoding = UNICODE using the
> javascript window.open() method, do anyone know why??
>
> Thanks a lot!

JavaScript.equals("Java") is false

John C. Bollinger

ml wrote:

> I cannot directly open the text file with Encoding = UNICODE using the
> javascript window.open() method, do anyone know why??

comp.lang.javascript is just down the hall. On your way there, you
might want to contemplate the fact that Unicode is not a character
encoding in the same sense that UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1 is. I don't know
enough about Javascript to be able to tell you what Encoding=UNICODE
would mean, if it is meaningful at all.

John Bollinger