Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Lot of good questions on WML, WAP [Push] / HTTP, Cell-carrier / Telco, SMSC / MMSC, Servlet for wireless developer experts to answer ...

Lot of good questions on WML, WAP [Push] / HTTP, Cell-carrier / Telco, SMSC / MMSC, Servlet for wireless developer experts to answer ...

Jimmy

- Does WML has post method like in HTML? So it's just really sending
a HTTP request.
- Or WAP [Push] only? Is WAP widely use and common-standard in the
wireless world these days?
- Whether is HTTP or WAP [Push], can I send binary? Or need encoded
with Base64?

- Does cell-carrier (or telco) accept HTTP? WAP [Push]?
- If so, which one? Bell Mobility, AT&T Rogers Wireless, or Telus
Mobility?
- Does any of them (carriers) accept virtual SMS or MMS #?
- Will they (carriers) forward the cell request as HTTP? Email? to a
server (i.e. pre-defined IP ... say my little linux box at home?).
- Will they (carriers) have public API (i.e. through HTTP or even
Push-Proxy-Gateway) to accept request then forward request (may
contain just text or even binary) back to cell phone?
- Do any of them (carriers) have SMSC and/or MMSC to be access
publicly?

- Is there such as thing as WAP [Push] servlet? If so, do I need to
implement one or there's already an open-source library (i.e. say in
Java) I can use?

Hope some of you experts out there can help me answer these questions.
Jimmy-the-wirless-newbie

Andrew Thompson

On 25 Nov 2004 19:26:42 -0800, Jimmy wrote:

> sub: Lot of good questions..

Lot of bad multi-posting. Please don't
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>

--
Andrew Thompson

touchring

WAP Push is not the WAP version of HTTP POST. It's meant to deliver
sort of WAP header file that will prompt the automatic download of
content over WAP. This header file will include a URL and content as
well as the "action type" (new content, delete old content, etc), and
can be delivered either using SMS or over GPRS.

You can find more information on WAP Push here -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAP
http://www.visualtron.com/faq/index.php?op=cat&c=19

Andrew Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<oax5a8f336a4$.10k0crq4wakbs$(E-Mail Removed)> ...
> On 25 Nov 2004 19:26:42 -0800, Jimmy wrote:
>
> > sub: Lot of good questions..

> Lot of bad multi-posting. Please don't
> <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>

cisco experts pls answer these questions guest Cisco 2 10-22-2006 07:05 PM
WAP secure, what about WAP keys in wireless settings? Jac Wireless Networking 1 02-11-2006 04:54 AM
SMS Center connection - How to connect to a carrier smsc? Juan ASP .Net Mobile 0 06-21-2004 08:03 PM
smsc.exe Sonja Computer Support 7 06-11-2004 06:57 PM
Help Reqd: WAP payment gateway, premium SMS and WAP usernames Aaron Whiffin HTML 0 09-04-2003 10:39 AM

Advertisments