Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Framecheck does only work with static pages, not with perlscript-output

Framecheck does only work with static pages, not with perlscript-output

Carsten Brauer

Everybody knows the problem when you work with frames, it may happen
that a page is shown which should have been loaded as a part of a
complete frameset. To avoid this you can use java, for example
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
var Dateien = "FRAMESET.htm?DATEI.htm";

if (top.frameset_geladen + "" != "okay"){
if(document.images)
top.location.replace(Dateien);
else
top.location.href = Dateien ;
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
var frameset_geladen = "okay";

function SeiteLaden() {
if(self.location.search.length > 0) {
var Search_Laenge = self.location.search.length;
var info_url =
self.location.search.substring(1,Search_Laenge);
self.INFO.location.href = info_url; }
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>

<FRAMESET ... onLoad="SeiteLaden(); return true;">

(from http://support.serv.ch/lang/html/js/...ramecheck.html
)

But this does not work if the url of the loaded single page that
should be shown in a frameset is no static url but generated from a
script like this one:
"http://www.kunststoffprodukte.de/cgi-local/baumarkt-cgi/his-webshop.pl?f=NR&c=4020&t=temartic"
I'd like to reach that everytime someone comes about a searchengine to
one productpage (like this one above) the frameset
(../../../baumarkt/index.html)is loaded including the referring
productpage (http://www.kunststoffprodukte.de/cgi...020&t=temartic)
in the Frame which is named "Hauptframe". With the script mentioned
above I can only name one single file that shall be loaded in the
"Hauptframe". Problem: I do not have one page per product, I have a
database and the perlscript that generates the .htm-pages using the
templates, in this case the "temartic.htm". You find the shop at
www.baumarkt-direct.de
I hope anyone can understand what I want.

Chris Smith

Carsten Brauer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Everybody knows the problem when you work with frames, it may happen
> that a page is shown which should have been loaded as a part of a
> complete frameset. To avoid this you can use java, for example
> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

That's not Java, actually. It's JavaScript, which is a completely
different language that has very little in common with Java except in
name.

JavaScript questions are best answered in comp.lang.javascript.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation