Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JavaBeans need help

JavaBeans need help

HS1

Hello

I have to modify a session java bean (of other developers) as this bean has
an error in it.

This session bean is used to add, update or delete items in a database using
sql query.

This bean includes remote home and local home interface, a remote and local
interface for the bean and a enterprise bean class (this enterprise bean
class implements the business login for the bean). The enterprise bean has
some function add, modify items.

I also have a client application that call business methods with the bean.
The application work well with function "add". However, there is error in
the function "modify" as it has a wrong String sql query (for "UPDATE"
query). I hope you understand the case.

Therefore, I have to change some code for this function in the enterprise
bean class. Then I compile whole session bean into new classes. Next, I uses
these new classes in my client application in the classes path.

However, when I run the client application, the application still uses the
old bean and do not update what I have changed in the enterprise bean class.

So my question is:

After changing or modifying a function in an enterprise bean class in a
session bean (but still keep the same the return values and arguments in
this function-this means I do not have to change return values and arguments
in interface classes), what I have to do to make that change to be affected.

I think it is simple, however, I spend some days with it but it did not
work.

Could you PLEASE help

Many thanks

SH1

KiLVaiDeN

"HS1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hello
>

> I have to modify a session java bean (of other developers) as this bean

has
> an error in it.
>

> This session bean is used to add, update or delete items in a database

using
> sql query.
>

> This bean includes remote home and local home interface, a remote and

local
> interface for the bean and a enterprise bean class (this enterprise bean
> class implements the business login for the bean). The enterprise bean has
> some function add, modify items.
>

> I also have a client application that call business methods with the bean.
> The application work well with function "add". However, there is error in
> the function "modify" as it has a wrong String sql query (for "UPDATE"
> query). I hope you understand the case.
>

> Therefore, I have to change some code for this function in the enterprise
> bean class. Then I compile whole session bean into new classes. Next, I

uses
> these new classes in my client application in the classes path.
>

> However, when I run the client application, the application still uses the
> old bean and do not update what I have changed in the enterprise bean

class.

> So my question is:
>

> After changing or modifying a function in an enterprise bean class in a
> session bean (but still keep the same the return values and arguments in
> this function-this means I do not have to change return values and

arguments
> in interface classes), what I have to do to make that change to be

affected.

> I think it is simple, however, I spend some days with it but it did not
> work.
>

> Could you PLEASE help
>
> Many thanks
>
> SH1

Could you please tell on which environnement this is all working ?
Are you using RMI on that application ? I guess you do

Tomcat ?

HS1

Thanks
I use JBoss,
I found the solution, I have to create jar file for the server and put in
JBoss folder

news:41a088e9$0$24819$(E-Mail Removed)...