Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > FTPClient slow on laptops

FTPClient slow on laptops

Barbara Vernaeve

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me with following problem:
I have a Struts based JSP application (JDK1.4.1_06).
I am using org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient from the
commons-net-1.0.0.jar to ftp up to 5 files to a server.
If I try this via a browser op a desktop, this happens within 5
seconds.
If I try the same thing with the same attachments via a laptop, this
takes about 30 seconds. (On some laptops it is fast however.)

What can be the problem here? Can it be linked to dynamic ip addresses
vs static ip addresses? It has no link with the memory on the machines
or with the browser. If I just open an ftp connection on the laptop or
desktop and ftp a file, this happens in about the same time.

I wait for an acknowledge of the ftp before the code goes on.

Thanks for your help on this tough one!

Barbara

Apache's FTPClient class, anyone? Mikhail Teterin Java 4 02-19-2009 04:32 PM
FTPClient and CopyStreamAdapter stop sometimes Susanne Kaufmann Java 3 06-30-2008 05:31 PM
Apache commons net 1.4.1 FTPClient reliability Christopher Benson-Manica Java 0 09-20-2007 10:04 PM
FTPClient Help Pradeep Java 2 08-26-2006 02:39 PM
sun.net.ftp.FtpClient Neeraj Vibhasrao Kulkarni Java 1 11-15-2004 10:39 PM

Advertisments