Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > How to create RPM package for Java app?

How to create RPM package for Java app?

Ahmed Moustafa

Hi All,

What are the steps to create a RPM package for a Java application for
Linux distributions?

Your help will be appreciated so much!

Ahmed

Chris

> What are the steps to create a RPM package for a Java application for
> Linux distributions?

There are installers that will do it. The one I use is http://install4j.com,
but there are plenty of others that will do the trick.

Ahmed Moustafa

Chris wrote:
>>What are the steps to create a RPM package for a Java application for
>>Linux distributions?

> There are installers that will do it. The one I use is http://install4j.com,
> but there are plenty of others that will do the trick.

install4j is not free.

Steve Sobol

Chris wrote:
>>What are the steps to create a RPM package for a Java application for
>>Linux distributions?

> There are installers that will do it. The one I use is http://install4j.com,
> but there are plenty of others that will do the trick.

Install4J rocks.

You can also create an RPM by hand the same way you'd create any other RPM. See
http://www.rpm.org/ for more details and docs.

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (463 / http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Alvin Beach

See below