Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Authenticator Question

Authenticator Question

No Comment

I am attempting to retrieve a file from a URL secured by IDC Security. I am
using the following to attempt to code for this:

import java.net.Authenticator;

import java.net.PasswordAuthentication;

public class MyAuthenticator extends Authenticator {

protected PasswordAuthentication getPasswordAuthentication() {

String userName = "username";

String password = "password";

return new PasswordAuthentication(userName, password.toCharArray());

URL url = new URL(sourceName);

HttpURLConnection urlConnection = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();

Authenticator.setDefault(new MyAuthenticator());

((HttpURLConnection) urlConnection).setInstanceFollowRedirects(false);

InputStream inputStream = url.openStream();

// Now we can create our output stream, the new file name is applied here:

FileOutputStream fileOutputStream = new FileOutputStream(destinationName);

I am getting the message 'Server redirected to many times (5)' and a return
status code of 401, Unauthorized. Yet I am able to retrieve the file via my
browser with the same login credentials.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

Fallback Authenticator Marian Schedenig Java 0 12-03-2007 01:51 PM
Authenticator mozilla apache notHere Java 2 10-13-2005 01:23 PM
Authenticator freesoft_2000 Java 2 07-23-2005 10:59 AM
HTTP 401.3 because java.net.Authenticator not invoked JohnG Java 0 05-06-2005 11:38 AM
java.net.Authenticator with proxy -- does it work ??? Elwood P. Dowd Java 0 10-30-2003 12:39 AM

Advertisments