Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Two JFrames, one dialog

Two JFrames, one dialog

Lynx

Hello,
My JFrame (main) creates new Jframe (second), this second creates modal
JDialog. But this modal JDialog is also modal with the main frame.
How to make JDialog modal only with the second frame ?
Lynx

Excluded_Middle

Lynx <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<mwq9bgfoal72$.1amtawmrb1g0k$(E-Mail Removed)> ...
> Hello,
> My JFrame (main) creates new Jframe (second), this second creates modal
> JDialog. But this modal JDialog is also modal with the main frame.
> How to make JDialog modal only with the second frame ?
> Lynx

Can please show us some code.

use JDialog(JFrame owner) constructor .

Larry Barowski

"Lynx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mwq9bgfoal72$.1amtawmrb1g0k$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hello,
> My JFrame (main) creates new Jframe (second), this second creates modal
> JDialog. But this modal JDialog is also modal with the main frame.
> How to make JDialog modal only with the second frame ?

Swing (and AWT) only support "application modal" dialogs.
Per-frame modality is a long time RFE. See
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view...bug_id=4080029