Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Need convert to postscript before printing?

Need convert to postscript before printing?

bilian

I want to print files which are stored in a folder. From many forum, i
found that printer can only receive postscript format, and if i want to
print pdf or microsoft office files, i need to convert it to postscript
before send to printer.
Am i right? Can anyone gives opinion how to make it simple?

Niels Dybdahl

> I want to print files which are stored in a folder. From many forum, i
> found that printer can only receive postscript format, and if i want to
> print pdf or microsoft office files, i need to convert it to postscript
> before send to printer.
> Am i right?

If the printer is a postscript only printer, then you are right. Many
printers do also understand PCL.

> Can anyone gives opinion how to make it simple?

Use the Java print API, then the printer driver will do the conversion to
either postscript or PCL.
However it is not simple to interpret a pdf or MS office file.

Niels Dybdahl