Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Tool for visual develop web forms in Java

Tool for visual develop web forms in Java

Piotr Galuszkiewicz

Hi !

Who could point me a tool/technology for easy way, graphical,
events-orietnted development of web UI's which has a following
features:
graphical/mouse development of web page with possibility of easy
setting properties and event handlers like in Delphi (and writting
these handlers in Java or scripts) and with generation target
HTML/JSP pages from its visual project.

By the way, I'm looking for a Java web tool/technology for web pages
development which has a possibility to:
- develop web form/page in pure Java and some set of classes,
- then this class transforms its internal object structure (with
nested f.e. html table or html button or other html-oriented objects)
to HTML page (which content corresponds to this Java object)
and outputs this HTML, for example, durning call from a some servlet.
This is similar to XML DOM parser - you can create "document" object,
add "attributes" and "sub-items" Java objects to it, then, on finish,
transform these objects to output pure-XML file.

Knows anybody about that Java technology ?

Thanks for help,
Regards,
Peter

KC Wong

> Who could point me a tool/technology for easy way, graphical,
> events-orietnted development of web UI's which has a following
> features:
> graphical/mouse development of web page with possibility of easy
> setting properties and event handlers like in Delphi (and writting
> these handlers in Java or scripts) and with generation target
> HTML/JSP pages from its visual project.

I think JSF (Java Server Faces) might be what you're looking for.

The IDE is called Java Studio Creator by Sun.

carloschang@gmail.com

Tools-wise, NitroX for JSP has the best visual JSP support available.
Including debugging JSPs directly, jsp:includes, and support for Struts
Tiles.
Screenshots here: http://www.m7.com/topten.do

good luck,

-Carlos