Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Customized axis value in JFreeChart

Customized axis value in JFreeChart

Avatar Viper

I am using JFreeChart 0.921

I have a set of data, for example
x - 0.0, 0.4, 1.3, 1.9, 2.3, 3.3 and
y - 0.0, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0.
I can make XYPlot, and x-axis scale shows 0 to 4. What I want is to
display the scales using the numbers of x, as

0.0 0.4 1.3 1.9 2.3 3.3,

not
0.0 1.0 2.0 3.0 4.0.

Can JFreeChart do this and how? Any examples? Thanks.

Oscar kind

Avatar Viper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am using JFreeChart 0.921
>
> What I want is to display the scales using the numbers of x, as

> 0.0 0.4 1.3 1.9 2.3 3.3,
>
> not
> 0.0 1.0 2.0 3.0 4.0.
>
> Can JFreeChart do this and how? Any examples? Thanks.

No: Ticks along the axis are always placed evenly, while your data is not.

--
Oscar Kind http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/

Avatar Viper

Oscar kind <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Avatar Viper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I am using JFreeChart 0.921
> >
> > What I want is to display the scales using the numbers of x, as

> > 0.0 0.4 1.3 1.9 2.3 3.3,
> >
> > not
> > 0.0 1.0 2.0 3.0 4.0.
> >
> > Can JFreeChart do this and how? Any examples? Thanks.

> No: Ticks along the axis are always placed evenly, while your data is not.

Is there a way to override some of the classes to customized the axis???

Oscar kind

Avatar Viper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > I am using JFreeChart 0.921

> Is there a way to override some of the classes to customized the axis???

Probably. jFreeChart uses the LGPL licence, and the sources are included.
At least is says so on the main page of the website of jFreeChart...

So why don'ty you give it a try?

--
Oscar Kind http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/

Avatar Viper

Oscar kind <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> > Is there a way to override some of the classes to customized the axis???

> Probably. jFreeChart uses the LGPL licence, and the sources are included.
> At least is says so on the main page of the website of jFreeChart...
>
> So why don'ty you give it a try?

Got any examples to show me. Thx.

John B. Matthews

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Avatar Viper) wrote:

> Oscar kind <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> > > Is there a way to override some of the classes to customized the axis???

> > Probably. jFreeChart uses the LGPL licence, and the sources are included.
> > At least is says so on the main page of the website of jFreeChart...
> >
> > So why don'ty you give it a try?

> Got any examples to show me. Thx.

Several approaches are apparent from an examination of the sources,
but the documentation is also very instructive and well worth the
modest price. Sales helps fund the project. The table of contents is
available here:

<http://www.object-refinery.com/jfreechart/guide.html>

I'm pleased to see that the principal author is offering paid
technical support, too.

--
John
----