Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > return an array with SOAP Axis call...

return an array with SOAP Axis call...

Axel Burwitz

Hi,

sorry for boring with a very basic question, but I cannot solve it..

want get back an int array from my SOAP Axis web service. In the call, after
some testing , reading, trying, I have set for "setReturnType" now
"Constants.SOAP_ARRAY" (I am far from being sure...)

But when I start the call, it gets "java.lang.ClassCastException" !

Can anybody help me with a hint for the correct and appropriate definition ?

Thanks in advance,

Axel

call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
call.setOperationName("distrowatchserverselectdb") ;
Integer movieid = new Integer(2);
call.addParameter("movieid",
org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_INTEGER,
javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
call.setReturnType(Constants.SOAP_ARRAY);
int[] ret = (int[]) call.invoke( new Object[] {movieid});
System.out.println("Bin zur?ck");
ClientDistroWatch.dwstimmen=ret;
// } catch (Exception e) {
System.err.println(e.toString());