Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > nio multi thread client performance

nio multi thread client performance

A.R.

I've a java program to manage servers (in fact gauges) by tcp/ip.
There is a thread per connection. I used nio and non-blocking mode
There is requirements that requests (about 50 bytes) should be send to
server i.e. every 20ms - 1s.
I tested performance with one connection and found response time
sometimes fluctuate from from 10ms to 500ms.

Any help welcome (i.e. tcp/ip send and receive buffer size or other
parameters)

I found java realtime source packages signed by ibm
- can it be useful for me (seems it replaces gc and scheduler)
- what about license in commercial project (there is no licence)

Blocking client and NIO server (Write back to the client issue) brieuc Java 5 03-20-2007 07:25 AM
Is the while loop of NIO suppose to be inside a Thread?: - Java 1 07-05-2005 01:59 PM
Nio performance bottleneck JLM Java 2 11-25-2004 01:18 PM
Bad NIO socket performance iksrazal Java 0 06-25-2004 09:35 PM
NIO with timeouts != NIO? iksrazal Java 1 06-18-2004 02:28 PM

Advertisments