Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Is there a way to detect from a java class (outside the server) if JBoss is currently running?

Is there a way to detect from a java class (outside the server) if JBoss is currently running?

Peter Blatt

From a java class outside JBoss I want to check if JBoss is currently running.
How do I do that?

May be I could write a java class which tries to ping the JBoss server.
Or the java class tries to sent a standard request (which?) to JBoss.
If a response occurs then JBoss is running and the java class.
This class should implement a timeout function which represents a "not-running" status.

In order not to re-invent the wheel: Does such a class exist?

Peter