Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > getting resolution of monitor

getting resolution of monitor

Jean Paul

I was wondering if it is possible to create a window, where the size
is dependant on the resolusion that's currently being used. That is it
should set the size automaticly if run on different computer where the
resolution setting for the monitors are different.

Ann

"Jean Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> I was wondering if it is possible to create a window, where the size
> is dependant on the resolusion that's currently being used. That is it
> should set the size automaticly if run on different computer where the
> resolution setting for the monitors are different.

import java.awt.Toolkit;
Dimension myScreenSize = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getScreenSize();

Andrew Thompson

On 6 Oct 2004 14:19:31 -0700, Jean Paul wrote:

> I was wondering if it is possible to create a window, where the size
> is dependant on the resolusion that's currently being used.

<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/Toolkit.html#getScreenSize()>
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/Toolkit.html#getScreenResolution()>

BTW - comp.lang.java.programmer, comp.lang.java.help, comp.lang.java.gui
is far too wide a cross-post* for this basic question. Please restrict
your posts to c.l.j.help for the moment.

* <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>

[ Follow-Ups set to c.l.j.help ]

--
Andrew Thompson

Jean Paul

Andrew Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<175ixem11e9a2$(E-Mail Removed)> ...
> On 6 Oct 2004 14:19:31 -0700, Jean Paul wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if it is possible to create a window, where the size
> > is dependant on the resolusion that's currently being used.

> <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/Toolkit.html#getScreenSize()>
> <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/Toolkit.html#getScreenResolution()>
>
> BTW - comp.lang.java.programmer, comp.lang.java.help, comp.lang.java.gui
> is far too wide a cross-post* for this basic question. Please restrict
> your posts to c.l.j.help for the moment.
>
> * <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>
>
> [ Follow-Ups set to c.l.j.help ]

Thnx guys!!!