Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Problem with deploytool.

Problem with deploytool.

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Pawe=B3_Poplawski?=

I am trying to build a web service starting from hand-written wsdl using
JAX-RPC and wscompile tool from Sun Java System Application Server 8.0.
I don't want any data binding, so i invoke wscompile tool with -f
nodatabinding option with deploytool I create war, and I try to deploy it.

And deployment fails!
Reading server log I have found that reason for this failure is ejbc:

[#|2004-09-29T21:09:41.174+0200|INFO|sun-appserver-pe8.0.0_01|javax.enterprise.system.stream.out|_Thr eadID=11;|
error: [failed to localize] unable to find member rodzajProblemu in
jaxrpcmapping meta for exception whose wsdl message is:
{http://www.eAdministracja.gov.pl/wsdl/ZDGUsluga}problemPrzetwarzania|#]

Message refers to part of my schema cited below:

<schema
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:ug="http://www.eAdministracja.gov.pl/UrzadGminy/typy"
targetNamespace="http://www.eAdministracja.gov.pl/UrzadGminy/typy">

<complexType name="ProblemPrzetwarzania">
<sequence>
<element name="rodzajProblemu">
<simpleType>
<restriction base="string">
<enumeration value="Merytoryczny"/>
<enumeration value="Systemowy"/>
</restriction>
</simpleType>
</element>
<element name="oznaczenieProblemu" minOccurs="0" type="string"/>
<element name="opisProblemu" type="string"/>
</sequence>
</complexType>

<element name="problemPrzetwarzania" type="ugroblemPrzetwarzania"/>

</schema>

Identifiers are polish words, so don't bother with making up what do
they mean.
I have checked mapping.xml generated by wscompile, and ejbc is right -
there is nothing about rodzajProblemu, but if there is no class bound to
element problemPrzetwarzania except SOAPElement, there is no mapping,
so deploytool shouldn't try to compile any bean!

Should I consider it to be bug or I am doing sth. wrong?