Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JAVA SPEECH RECOGNITION

JAVA SPEECH RECOGNITION

Pak_indo

Gday Folks,

Im currently deciding whether or not to write off a project of mine....what
I have is a JAVA program which I would like users to interract with via
voice prompts for example Withdraw X, deposit Y. I have been looking at the
various ways of doing this and am not sure if this would be a viable
project. If anyone could help, I would like to know whats the best way to
accomplish this task(I only need basic recognition) and how hard/how much
effort it would require.

Thank you all for your time

David Segall

"Pak_indo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Gday Folks,
>
>Im currently deciding whether or not to write off a project of mine....what
>I have is a JAVA program which I would like users to interract with via
>voice prompts for example Withdraw X, deposit Y. I have been looking at the
>various ways of doing this and am not sure if this would be a viable
>project. If anyone could help, I would like to know whats the best way to
>accomplish this task(I only need basic recognition) and how hard/how much
>effort it would require.
>
>Thank you all for your time

Sun, in collaboration with IBM, have come up with a Java Speech API.
You can download IBM's first cut of an implementation from
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/speech. I have no experience with
it and would be interested in your comments if you proceed.

Pak_indo

Thanks for the reply mate,
Ive been looking at that one I think that is the direction I will go, if I
can determine its viability

cheers mate
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Java Speech Recognition IFlyJava Java 1 03-25-2005 04:34 PM
second speech recognition training Eli Aran Computer Support 0 12-19-2004 08:06 PM
speech recognition tab missing Eli Aran Computer Support 3 12-19-2004 07:31 PM
Speech recognition system in VHDL? - ideas or resources? David VHDL 2 11-02-2004 02:36 AM
Can anyone suggest a good headset/mic for chat and speech recognition for less than $30? Jeff M. Ingram Computer Support 0 01-19-2004 10:52 PM

Advertisments