Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Is an extension of ".xslt2" a must for xslt stylesheets of spec 2.0 ?

Is an extension of ".xslt2" a must for xslt stylesheets of spec 2.0 ?

Ken Philips

If I want to use featurwes of Xslt Spec 2.0: Do I have to use an extension
of .xslt2 or can use .xslt as well?

Ken

John Keyes

Hi Ken,

>From XSLT Version 2.0 Working Draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/)

"The value of the version attribute must be a number (specifically, it
must be a DecimalLiteral XP as defined in [XPath 2.0].) For this
version of XSLT, the value should normally be 2.0. A value of 1.0
indicates that the stylesheet module was written with the intention
that it should be processed using an XSLT 1.0 processor."

This is how XSLT processors determine the version.

For example:
<xsl:stylesheet
version="2.0"
xmlnssl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

Ken Philips wrote:
> If I want to use featurwes of Xslt Spec 2.0: Do I have to use an

extension
> of .xslt2 or can use .xslt as well?
>
> Ken

Joona I Palaste

John Keyes <(E-Mail Removed)> scribbled the following:
> Hi Ken,

>>From XSLT Version 2.0 Working Draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/)

> "The value of the version attribute must be a number (specifically, it
> must be a DecimalLiteral XP as defined in [XPath 2.0].) For this
> version of XSLT, the value should normally be 2.0. A value of 1.0
> indicates that the stylesheet module was written with the intention
> that it should be processed using an XSLT 1.0 processor."

> This is how XSLT processors determine the version.

> For example:
> <xsl:stylesheet
> version="2.0"
> xmlnssl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

> Ken Philips wrote:
>> If I want to use featurwes of Xslt Spec 2.0: Do I have to use an

> extension
>> of .xslt2 or can use .xslt as well?
>>
>> Ken

I suppose that means you don't have to name the file with a ".xslt2"
extension. Is that true?

"War! Huh! Good God, y'all! What is it good for? We asked Mayor Quimby."
- Kent Brockman

John Keyes

That is correct, you do not have to name the file with a ".xslt2"
extension.

How to control order of spec execution in "spec specs/* " ? Andrew Chen Ruby 1 03-25-2008 12:36 PM
XSLT from a XSD spec. Gilgamesh XML 5 10-05-2006 08:58 PM
Making XSLT stylesheets more modular Paulo Pinto XML 8 02-18-2005 03:34 PM
Is an extension of ".xslt2" a must for xslt stylesheets of spec 2.0 ? Ken Philips XML 1 09-22-2004 08:48 PM
[XSLT] Is this a bug ( in the spec / in the tool ) ? Philippe Poulard XML 2 12-04-2003 09:06 AM

Advertisments