Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: textValueChanged sometimes not called by TextField.setText

Re: textValueChanged sometimes not called by TextField.setText

Mickey Segal

I have reproduced this problem in a small applet, with a working version and
full source code at:
http://www.segal.org/java/text_events/

"Mickey Segal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:...
>I thought that textValueChanged was always called when setText of a
>TextField with a TextListener is used. However, in a huge applet I find
>that textValueChanged is not called the first time TextField.setText is
>called. However, subsequent calls to TextField.setText do fire
>textValueChanged events.
>
> This behavior is seen in the Microsoft JVM 3810, Sun 1.5 RC and Macintosh
> Java 1.3, but textValueChanged is called as expected in Macintosh Java
> 1.4.
>
> So far I have been unable to reproduce this problem in a small applet -
> textValueChanged is always called as expected. In both the huge applet
> and the test applet visible=true enabled=true valid=false.
>
> Any advice on how to get textValueChanged called as expected? This is
> causing problems because first and subsequent calls to TextField.setText
> are having different effects because textValueChanged is not called the
> first time.

Mickey Segal

This bug has been accepted by Sun, with a bug page at:
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view...bug_id=5106832

news:4151cdd0$0$2645$(E-Mail Removed)...