Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > different handling of the default locale in java/javaw

different handling of the default locale in java/javaw

Christian Marko

Hi to all!

As I read in the bug report on the Sun website, the bug, that java and
javaw uses different default locales should be fixed with 1.4.2, but I
use 1.4.2_04 and this bug still occurs.

I use the same jar-package and once I start it with java.exe, then
everything works fine and the default locale in the application is set
to the currently selected os(user) language. If I start it with javaw.exe
the default locale is set to I don't know, maybe the language of the
os version or so.

Thanks in advance
Chris