Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Tomcat 5 charset problem

Tomcat 5 charset problem

Leonidas

Hi, we are running Tomcat 5 with IBM DB2 v 8.1 and have a web site
running only for developing purposes.
Internet explorer and Netscape are showing all of the pages that are
passing from tomcat and have Greek with wildcards quetionmarks etc.
When data is received from the database it is being displayed
correctly (Only static data is not displayed normally). Well the setup
is allright (web.xml, in every file of the site). The encoding is
Greek allright but something is happening with HTML.
Can anyone help me because this situation has been very annoying at
least!

Thanks,