Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > [Eclipse] Plugins with dependencies on standard JARs

[Eclipse] Plugins with dependencies on standard JARs

Bill Grant

Hi folks--

Apologies if this is the wrong newsgroup, I couldn't find one specific
to Eclipse.

Basically what I am trying to do is create an Eclipse Plug-in which
uses a Cloudscape embedded database. What I can't understand is how I
should reference the external JAR. Also, do I need to copy the JAR
inside of my plug-in or can I make an assumption the user has
Cloudscape installed?

I've posed my question specific to Cloudscape, but I am really looking
for general guidance on dependancies with external jars and how to
deal with the classpath.

TIA,
Bill

Ferenc Hechler

Hi Bill,

if you register at eclipse.org you can get about 30 eclipse related
newsgroups from news.eclipse.org
Also there is an online search for all newsgroups and articles under
http://eclipse.org under "search" in the left side menu.

Best Regards,
feri

"Bill Grant" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi folks--
>
> Apologies if this is the wrong newsgroup, I couldn't find one specific
> to Eclipse.
>
> Basically what I am trying to do is create an Eclipse Plug-in which
> uses a Cloudscape embedded database. What I can't understand is how I
> should reference the external JAR. Also, do I need to copy the JAR
> inside of my plug-in or can I make an assumption the user has
> Cloudscape installed?
>
> I've posed my question specific to Cloudscape, but I am really looking
> for general guidance on dependancies with external jars and how to
> deal with the classpath.
>
> TIA,
> Bill

Add *.jars to *.jars possible/recommendend? Eclipse setup for this? Ulf Meinhardt Java 2 02-03-2010 04:11 PM
JARs containing JARs alan@engrm.com Java 5 05-19-2005 04:55 PM
exec jars w/dependent jars Ike Java 6 09-24-2004 06:03 PM
Re: classpath & too many jars Wendy S Java 1 07-22-2003 02:57 PM

Advertisments