Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Looking for open source Asteroids game

Looking for open source Asteroids game

I appreciate any help that I can find on this. I am looking for an open
source Asteroids / Blasteroids game. If anyone knows where I can find one or
can point me into a better direction as to where I should look that would be
great.

Thanks,
-J

--
"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met."
-Rodney Dangerfield.

Andrew Thompson

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 05:27:31 -0400, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I appreciate any help that I can find on this.

I asked you over on c.l.j.help if you'd checked
under the bed and in the broom cupboard, but I did
not think to ask on how many other groups you
intended to 'look' for your freely downloadable
asteroids source.

Please do not multi-post* J, and continue
the conversation over on c.l.j.help, where
you should be posting exlusively for the moment.

* <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>

--
Andrew Thompson

Alex Hunsley

> I appreciate any help that I can find on this. I am looking for an open
> source Asteroids / Blasteroids game. If anyone knows where I can find one or
> can point me into a better direction as to where I should look that would be
> great.
>
> Thanks,
> -J

Just out of curiosity.... why?

alex

"Alex Hunsley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> I appreciate any help that I can find on this. I am looking for an open
>> source Asteroids / Blasteroids game. If anyone knows where I can find one
>> or can point me into a better direction as to where I should look that
>> would be great.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -J

> Just out of curiosity.... why?

Looking to modify it for a specialized one handed keyboard so that users can
get a feel for the keyboard in their hand before they learn to type with it.

> alex

Thanks for the advice Andrew.

--
"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met."
-Rodney Dangerfield.
Free ipod? http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=8081838

"Andrew Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:62quuvditt9c$.1kcg3v8srb0ux$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 05:27:31 -0400, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I appreciate any help that I can find on this.

> I asked you over on c.l.j.help if you'd checked
> under the bed and in the broom cupboard, but I did
> not think to ask on how many other groups you
> intended to 'look' for your freely downloadable
> asteroids source.
>
> Please do not multi-post* J, and continue
> the conversation over on c.l.j.help, where
> you should be posting exlusively for the moment.
>
> * <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>
>
> --
> Andrew Thompson

Andrew Thompson

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:23:16 -0400, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Just out of curiosity.... why?

> Looking to modify it for a specialized one handed keyboard so that users can
> get a feel for the keyboard in their hand before they learn to type with it.

Is asteroids the ideal game for this?

It might be better to start with simple
children's games of 'put the puppy in
the kennel' (but with ..different words
and pictures probably)

--
Andrew Thompson

Christian Hvid

This one is good:

http://jfdoue.free.fr/index.html

But it is J2ME which might not be what you want.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<ci6di8$6m0$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I appreciate any help that I can find on this. I am looking for an open
> source Asteroids / Blasteroids game. If anyone knows where I can find one or
> can point me into a better direction as to where I should look that would be
> great.
>
> Thanks,
> -J

Re: SDL + OpenGL problem with textures in simple Asteroids-like game Paul Sinnett C++ 3 05-30-2011 07:55 AM
Re: SDL + OpenGL problem with textures in simple Asteroids-like game Paul Sinnett C++ 1 05-28-2011 12:40 PM
SDL + OpenGL problem with textures in simple Asteroids-like game Michal M C++ 3 05-27-2011 01:56 PM
Asteroids game Knute Johnson Java 14 08-28-2007 02:50 PM
Game programming for kids: looking for open source 2D game developmentkit Max Kubierschky Python 10 03-31-2007 07:18 PM

Advertisments